Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Keum Boo Class - Create earrings and a pendant
The ancient Korean technique, Keum Boo involves fusing wafer thin 24ct gold to fine silver. In this 5 hour class, you will create two pieces of jewellery (two pairs of earrings or one pair of earrings and one pendant) and learn how to roll 24ct gold to the correct thickness and fuse it to fine silver using heat. Keum Boo brings jewellery to another level by adding a beautiful, rich gold colour without the expense. The class cost is $187 (GST inc) and includes all materials: 24ct gold, fine silver, sterling silver earring hooks and a sterling silver chain. Extra gold, silver and findings are available for purchase.
The prerequisite for this class is completion of 'Introduction to Jewellery Making Skills, Stage 1"and or demonstrated basic jewellery making skills.
- Learn about the ancient Korean technique of fusing wafer thin 24ct gold to fine silver using heat.
- Learn how to roll 24ct gold to the correct thickness and fuse it to fine silver using heat
- Apply Keum Boo basic techniques to making either 2 sets of earrings and or one set of earrings and a pendant.
- Your earrings (2 pairs) and or 1 pair and a pendant.
- Tuition and demonstrations of the basic Keum Boo techniques and application to making earrings and pendants.
- All materials supplied including gold and silver and findings (earring hooks and pendant chain).
Long pants /jean, closed in shoes, tee shirt and long hair tied back.
The prerequisite for this class is basic jewellery making skills.